Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Changing Daily

It's almost been 3 weeks since my last post.  I understand now why Mommys sometimes don't blog often.  Not only do you have to keep up with your regular stuff (laundry, clean house, etc.), you also have to add in there feeding, changing, naptimes (for baby!).  And of course, you want to spend time with your baby, whether they are asleep or awake.  I started blogging for two reasons.  One, so that I can keep family and friends updated that may not see Reagan often. Two, and the most important reason, I would like to share it with Reagan when she gets older.  Therefore, I need to do a better job of keeping the blog updated.

Well here are some things our "little beauty" is doing at 7 weeks...

-She has no trouble with disposing of her bodily fluids.  She pee-pees so much between feedings that her diaper weighs about 3 lbs. Her daily poops are so strong that her Daddy wants to wear a mask over his nose.  Not to mention how many wipes it takes to clean her off.
-She loves to dance.  She loves music.  Any time of day if Reagan gets fussy, we crank up the music and start dancing with her.  I have a sweet video of Chad and Reagan dancing that I hope to post on here. 
-She loves to sleep on her stomach (which is a "no-no").  But then again, Chad did it, I did it, all the kids in the 80's slept on their stomach.  When she is in her crib, we lay her on her back.  If she is on the couch or bed and we are near her, we lay her on her stomach to sleep.  It also helps her to pass gas easily.  :) And lots of it, I might add!
-Even though babies don't start sitting up until around 3 months, Reagan would do it if her head/neck were strong enough.  She loves to look around.
-Nighttime routine is progressing to sleeping through the night.  She is now up to about a 5 hour stretch between feedings.
-She has moved up to size 3 months in her clothes and size 1 in diapers.  Newborn stuff is packed up and in the attic.  So proud of her, but I did shed a few tears when we packed it all up.

Here are a few new pictures of our "little beauty"...







1 comment: