Thursday, June 30, 2011

Life As We Now Know It...

...is wonderful! Sure, the past 2 weeks have been an adjustment.  I'm not going to lie. But it's all worth it.  For some reason, our daily routine now includes a trip to Wal-Mart it seems.  There is always something we have forgotten to get on the previous day or there is something that comes up that we need to buy.  Good thing Wal-Mart is only 5 minutes away. 

In just 2 short weeks, Reagan has taught Chad and I so much.  She has taught me to be patient.  After some researching, I have learned that Reagan is a "rester" when it comes to feeding.  She will eat for 10 minutes, fall asleep for about 10 minutes, then wake up to eat again for 15 minutes or so.  Instead of rushing her through her feedings and trying everything I can to wake her up, I enjoy the 10 minutes while she is sleeping.  I know that time passes by quickly, so I want to soak in all that I can with her while she is this small. I like to watch her sleep.  She makes the funniest faces while she sleeps.  One minute she is frowning with a little bit of a whimper, the next she smiles.  I would love to know what she is dreaming.

Chad will admit to you that he thinks things out logically.  Reagan has taught her Daddy that everything doesn't have to make sense.  Yea, research says that newborns eat every 2-3 hours, but in the beginning babies make their own schedule with feedings.  Sometimes Reagan will go 3 hours between feedings, sometimes 2 hours, and sometimes it's only 1 hour.  We don't have to know why she eats like this, but it makes us feel great to know that she is eating. 

At 2 weeks old Reagan has:
-gained 13 ounces from her birth weight (she is know 6 lbs 7 oz)
-she is looking around the room while she is alert
-she focuses in on faces
-taken more poops than I knew it was possible for a baby to do
-while she is sleeping, she sometimes turns to one side






I'm going to try to do better about updating the blog, but we are also trying to take every moment with her that we can.  Motherhood is so amazing!

1 comment:

  1. We feel blessed beyond words to have Reagan in our lives! You & Chad are great parents! Love you guys! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete