Friday, March 25, 2011

29th birthday!

Wow, I cannot believe I am now 29! They say "time flies when you are having fun"; I must be having a lot of fun! :) What a wonderful birthday it has been too!

My day started out at 6am.  No, not for work.  Today was a Furlough Day.  What a great day to have a Furlough Day! Well, I woke up at 6am because I was starving and Reagan was kicking like crazy.  I still couldn't eat though because I had my glucose test at 9am.  Well when we got there I drank the "stuff".  They asked me if I needed a straw and I said "nah I can handle it".  I drank it in like 2 minutes! It tasted a lot like Fanta or Sunkist (I had the orange flavor).  Then I had my Dr's appointment which went well and I had actually lost some weight since last time.  The Dr. explained (which my Mom had already told me) that Reagan is getting everything she needs from what I eat.  If I lose weight it's just the rest of my body losing weight.  So the next few weeks I am going to try to add more protein in my diet.  I say diet, but you know what I mean.  After the Dr. visit, they had to draw my blood.  I HATE NEEDLES! I know I have to get over it, so I closed my eyes and I really didn't even feel it.  Let's hope the epidural can be that easy! ;)  I will find out my results on Tuesday on the glucose test.

After we left the Dr's office we drove really fast to Cracker Barrel.  Chad joked around that he was going to put his emergency flashers on because he had a pregnant hungry woman in the car.  I never knew food could taste so good.  Haha! It had been 16 hours since I had last eaten!  Of course, I ate everything on my plate! We went to Target after brunch and I found some more comfortable sandals and two maternity t-shirts.  Chad had to get back home for work, so I while he was working I went to get a pedicure for my birthday.

Later this afternoon, my parents came up to see us.  My Mom has been working on a slipcover for our glider in the nursery.  She finished it so we put it on the chair.  I can't wait to sit in it with Reagan.  I will post a picture of the nursery after we do a few more finishing touches in there.  My Mom asked me last weekend what kind of birthday cake I wanted.  The first thing that popped in my head was banana pudding.  YUM! It was everything I had hoped for.  I had two bowls of it before dinner.  Thanks Mamma!

To end the wonderful day, the four of us met up with Chad's parents, Kristin & Cory, and Kristin's Mom and sister at White Horse.  Jen, Kristin's sister made an amazing cake with strawberries and cool whip for dessert.  It was very light and it was perfect!  We had a great time hanging out at dinner and I really enjoyed everyone's company! :) 

Here are some pics from the special day!  This time next year will be the BIG 3-0!







No comments:

Post a Comment