Sunday, March 13, 2011

Roadtrip to Savannah


So Chad and I decided to take our first road trip since finding out that we are expecting.  We went to Savannah to visit one of my lifelong friends, Christie.  We have been friends since we were innocent, naive, and insecure teenagers.  I have gone through many phases of life with Christie by my side.  She has always been the one to brighten any situation and I can't imagine not having her as my friend.  Here we are in some pictures we took today before we left Savannah.







This picture pretty much sums up our friendship!

We had a great time on our little overnight trip.  When we got to Savannah on Saturday we stopped by a Maternity shop Christie had mentioned was going out of business.  I was looking for a sundress to wear for the JWL Soiree and for Easter.  Unfortunately, they didn't have much in my size as far as dresses, but they did have a few other things that I bought.  Then Chad and I went to his favorite Cigar shop in Savannah.  Well, he went in and I waited outside.  I didn't think it would be a good idea for me to inhale all that smoke.  We left there and wanted a snack so we stopped by La Berry, a frozen yogurt place.  Ohhh, was it good! It was our first time going there and it makes me wish we had one here.  You get this cup and fill it up with as much frozen yogurt as you want, then they have all kinds of toppings to add to it.  We added granola, chocolate chips, and strawberries.  Then once you have everything they measure the weight of the cup to charge you for the yogurt.  Thank goodness we split it because we had way too much in there!

After we left there, we went to check into our hotel.  We were in there for about 30 minutes when I realized that there was a mall with Old Navy and possibly Motherhood Maternity less than a mile from the hotel.  We started a mad dash to find Motherhood in the mall.  We had dinner plans with Christie at 7ish and it was 6:30.  The mall directory showed no signs of Motherhood being in the mall.  Come to find out it was in the shopping center across the street.  We figured this out after going around in a circle a few times outside of the mall.  I found a sundress at Motherhood (yay!) and some capris for when it gets warmer. 

Luckily, Christie called and said she was a little late so we weren't too incredibly late for dinner.  We ate at Moon River Brewing Company, which was also very good.  I got a cheeseburger salad which reminded me of a recipe that I have for it.  I will have to make that for dinner soon!  We left Moon River and met up with some of Christie's friends at a Karaoke place.  I did not karaoke this time, but really enjoyed watching Christie and her friends singing.  Around 11, I realized it was bedtime for this pregnant girl.  I thought I could hang, but I guess I couldn't. :)

When Chad and I woke up this morning, Reagan was kicking around some.  Because Chad loves to feel her movements, I told him to try to feel it.  Of course, then she stopped so Chad was a little disappointed.  I told him to talk to her because I have heard she recognizes voices some.  He started talking to her about how he really wanted her to give him one good kick.  Next thing we know, she kicked his hand.  It made his day!

Before we left to come home, we met up with Christie, her Mom, Jim and Lindsay (a friend of ours from college) for brunch.  Again, it was another yummy meal.  Savannah has great food! We really enjoyed our little getaway! It was much needed and the weather was perfect!


1 comment:

  1. I cant believe Christie and the words innocent and naive were used in the same sentence. Love you!

    ReplyDelete