Saturday, February 5, 2011

19 weeks!



How far along? 19 weeks


How big is baby?  Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces, and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato. The hair on her scalp is sprouting.


Weight gain? Not much, but Thursday was the first day my "bump" was noticeable.  Yay!


Stretch marks? None yet, I went and bought a bottle of Cocoa Butter (Aunt Joan's suggestion) now that I am starting to show a little bit.


Maternity clothes? I went and bought a few maternity dress pants at Target so I would be more comfortable at work.


Sleep? I have slept a lot more this week.  Yesterday afternoon, I slept from 3:45 to 5:15 and then I went to bed at 9:30 and got up at 7 this morning.  I'm hoping this means Reagan is moving around a lot and making me tired. :)


Best moment of the week? Finding out that Rebekah is having a baby girl too! I can't wait for them to meet!


Food Cravings? I have always like pickles, but mostly I like dill pickles.  This week I have been eating a lot of bread and butter pickles.


Gender? Baby girl!


Movement? Nothing yet.  I keep feeling something and wondering if it's her.  Waiting on a little flutter....


What I miss? energy to work out.  This week I didn't make it to the gym, but I did walk around the neighborhood a few days.


Belly Button? still an innie...


What I am looking forward to? the nursery furniture coming in.  We ordered it this week!


Milestone? This is a crucial time for sensory development: Your baby's brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.   Chad and I decided to put the Bose Headphones on my belly after we read this little fact.  :)

3 comments:

  1. We just got back from shopping for Reagan...got her 3 presents...YAY!!! We're so excited about her arrival & all the joy that she'll bring!!! Love ya'll SO much!!!!!!!!!!!
    Daddy & Mamma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for week 19!!! Cory and I looked at sweet baby clothes today at Target :) Can't wait to start shopping for her!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike's wife is having a boy. Reagan and Baby Ardis better watch out!

    ReplyDelete