Tuesday, February 8, 2011

As in Ronald Reagan?

Well yes, partly.  Let me explain where Reagan's name comes from.

Chad's paternal grandfather, Ray Hinton, passed away the year before Chad was born.  Even though Chad never knew his Grandpa Ray, he has had a glimpse of his grandfather through stories about him and through his relationship with his Dad and his three uncles.  While Reagan will never know the great grandfather that part of her name comes from, we can tell her to look at her Dad and grandfather to have an idea of what Grandpa Ray was like.

Here is Chad and his Dad, Steve "Bub" Hinton playing around

Now to explain how Ronald Reagan fits into her name.  If you have ever had a dinner with Chad and "Bub", you know the conversation always leads to politics.  Chad likes to describe his Dad as a "staunch conservative".  Bub's "holy trinity" goes as follows: God, Jesus, Ronald Reagan.  "Bub" will tell you that Ronald Reagan was THE best President we have had, not that I am disagreeing.  I guess you could say the spelling of her name is for Ronald Reagan.  So the answer to the question, "As in Ronald Reagan?".  Why yes, it is.

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you.(and Chad too) You will make a great MOM! Ashley has a good friend named Reagan and I have always thought that was such a neat name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet!! I never got to meet my grandfather either. I have often thought of using 'Ray' somehow. Kamden almost had that as a middle name. 'Ray' is even more significant for us because it was also my husband's grandfather's name and my mother's maiden name.

    ReplyDelete