Thursday, February 3, 2011

God's Timing is Perfect!

As most of you are aware, Reagan's due date is June 30.  Not only is that her Aunt Kristin's birthday, but it's also the same due date of Baby Ardis, my very close friend, Rebekah's baby.  Let me tell you about my relationship with Rebekah and how thankful I am to have such a wonderful friend to share this experience with.

I met Rebekah my freshmen year at Winthrop through a mutual friend.  At first, I thought she didn't like me, but I learned soon after, that we are the same in how we are quiet around new people.  Rebekah was a sophomore so she knew a lot more than I did about Winthrop and Rock Hill.  We became instant friends and she helped me make it through all the craziness of my freshmen year.  That year she joined Chi Omega and her excitement caused me to want to join a sorority.  When I started college, I hadn't planned on rushing, but I saw how positively it affected her.  The next year, I too joined Chi Omega.  It was one of the best decisions of my life and I have to say she is the reason I joined.

Rebekah is one of those friends that I can go a month (or two!) without talking to and pick right back up where I left off with her, without any hard feelings.  We were roommates after college, bridesmaids in each other's weddings, and now we are pregnant together with the exact same due date.  Coincedence? I think not.

I feel like there are people that are put in our life for a reason and a purpose.  She is one of those people for me.  God knew that I would need a friend to go through this amazing journey of pregnancy and motherhood.  He knew that I have a hard time making decisions and would need someone to offer advice.  He knew that I would need a buddy to share stories with.  Thank you, God, for sending me such a wonderful person to be my "pg buddy". 

No comments:

Post a Comment